Terms & Conditions
By placing an order via our website (www.penguinpalma.eu ), you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions.
All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please see our Delivery page for further information.
In order to contract with Penguin Refrigeration, you must be over 18 years of age. Penguin Refrigeration retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card, or bank account used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of international products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. Penguin Refrigeration retains the right to accept or reject this offer before processing the order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us, the prices have been verified, and the order has been processed and dispatched. A second email will be sent confirming these arrangements – please confirm this can be done.
Pricing and Availability
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the ‘Grand Total’.
The website may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse to fulfil any orders that you may place based on information on the website that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, errors, inaccuracies or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies.
Product Specifications and Suitability
- Published product details, specifications and suitability information is the best available at the time. Penguin Refrigeration shall not be held responsible for the accuracy of any advice given regarding the suitability (or otherwise) of any part/s required for the repair of an item. If you have ordered an item that has an unsuitable product description we will remedy this by providing you a full refund upon the return of the item. Please see our Returns – this needs to be added page for details.
- We encourage you to ensure all spare parts are fitted by a competent person in accordance with manufacturer specifications. Penguin Refrigeration cannot be held liable for any damage caused by the fitting of a spare part.
- Please ensure that you have read your warranty conditions before attempting to install a part or otherwise repair item. Penguin Refrigeration cannot be held responsible if the item is damaged or your warranty is voided. Some manufacturer guarantees may be on condition that you use a qualified technician.
Product Warranty & Returns
- All goods purchased from Penguin are covered by a full warranty covering manufacturers faults and defects including poor workmanship. Please see our Warranty policy for full details
- You are entitled to returns as per UK Consumer Law. Please see our Returns policy.
Online dispute resolution for consumer pursuant to Section 14.1 of Regulation (EU) 524/2013
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution which is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
We work hard prior to dispatching your product to make sure it never comes back as a warranty issue. We understand how frustrating warranty problems can be and our aim is to assess any problems, find a resolution and get you back using your product as quickly as we can. As with all warranty though there are some things you need to know:
Our policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Penguin Refrigeration does not warrant against failure or damage due to misuse such as, but not limited to incorrect installation, poor maintenance, abuse or neglect, using the product for something other than its intended purpose, alteration of the product unless expressly permitted in writing by us.
Penguin Refrigeration reserve the right to repair/replace any defective part under warranty.
Warranty is non transferrable and applies to the original purchaser only. Proof of purchase is required with all potential warranty claims.
Any item that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be covered by a period equal to the remaining warranty period of the original part.
Costs incurred as a result of loss of use, as well as labour charges for part replacement or changeovers are not covered.
If a repair/replacement is not possible Penguin Refrigeration reserve the right to offer an alternative of equal or greater value (colour may vary) or a partial refund proportional to the remaining life of the product.
Always install, repair and use your product in strict compliance with the product’s instructions; failure to do so might damage the products and invalidate your warranty.
How to make a warranty claim?
All goods purchased from Penguin Refrigeration are covered by a full warranty and, generally speaking, warranties cover manufacturing faults and defects including poor workmanship. If you feel that your purchase has developed a fault, then please email us before returning any goods – we may be able to solve your problem without you incurring any postage costs.
To get the fastest resolution all you have to do is:
- Complete a Warranty Claim Form
- Take a few photos of the issue you wish to claim warranty against.
- Email the claim form and photographs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then get in contact with you for the next steps in completing your claim. Please be honest when dealing with us, we’ll try our best to resolve any problems you have as it’s in our interest to have a happy customer!
Processing your claim?
Whether your claim is successful very much depends on the problem and that your item is still inside warranty. We look at each case with the aim of resolving the issue to your satisfaction raising issues to the manufacturers for repair and replacement where appropriate. Each claim is thoroughly investigated to ensure we give you the best possible service.
How long will a warranty claim take?
We make every effort to resolve warranty as fast as possible, but in some cases products have to be sent back to manufacturers, our workshop or specialist repair partners and this can then take a little longer. Please be patient with us as you can be assured we are constantly striving to achieve the quickest turn around we can.
Returning an item
If you’re not completely satisfied with an item and it is unused and the has not been unfitted you can return it to us within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
If you’re returning a fridge or similar bulky item please contact us and we’ll make it easy for you to return it to us.
If your item has developed a fault please read our information on making a warranty claim.
You’ll need the following information to complete this form…
1. The Penguin Refrigeration Web Reference / Order Number.
2. The Product ID of the item(s) you are returning.
Get your parcel ready to go
1. Put your unused item back in its original manufacturer’s branded packaging.
2. Place your completed returns form with the item and parcel them both up together.
3. Ensure that the product is well protected and the box or package is correctly sealed and secure for the courier.
4. Make sure the package is correctly addressed – using address below
Post the item back to Penguin Refrigeration Ltd
(carriage costs not refunded)
Please post the item(s) to the address below:
Returns and Warranty:
Penguin Refrigeration Ltd
Unit 2b Alexandria Park
Havant PO9 1QY
Return shipping costs are non-refundable.
If the item is being returned as a result of our error (eg damaged, defective, wrong item sent etc) please contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange collection.